Why you need a mailing list and how to start yours free!

Even if you have nothing to send to subscribers today, it’s never too early to start a mailing list! We’ll show you why and how to get started for FREE below…

In this post Digital Book Girl will show you what we believe is the best option to get your mailing list started for free to grow your brand, and save you time and money!

Even if you have nothing to mail out today, you can still build a list and then begin sending mailings when updates become available such as when you’re:

  • releasing a new book
  • holding a contest or giveaway
  • offering ARC’s of a forthcoming release

Why is a mailing list is better than social media?

Social media is forever changing and even though you may have a space on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc., you don’t have ownership of those platforms meaning they could be taken from you for any reason at anytime and you would have no recourse.

A mailing list on the other hand is something that you own, and can take with you where ever you go. Not only that, a mailing list is a confirmed group of people who have joined your list because they want to hear directly from you. This can make a huge impact on your book sales, even if you begin with a small audience.

Where to begin and what to consider?

When it comes to starting a mailing list there are many factors to consider such as:

  • protecting your personal data
  • protecting your customers’ personal data
  • automated double opt-in to verify email addresses
  • GDPR, or General Data Protection Regulation, compliance
  • growing your audience i.e. landing pages, giveaways and incentives

The FREE and simple solution?

Constant Contact offers a FREE 60 day email marketing trial (no credit card required) which includes a robust list of features with highlights such as:

  • sending unlimited emails
  • drag-and-drop email editor
  • easy sign-up tools to help you grow your list

And the list goes on… all for FREE—no credit card required!

The take away: 98.4% of consumers check their email daily. (The other 1.6% forgot their password.) So connect with readers where they go every day: their inbox, and start selling more books today!

We hope you’ve found this post helpful and look forward to bringing you more quality content in the future!

Digital Book Girl
Staff & Management

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate URLs and therefore we may receive a commission should you decide to click through and distribute your books through any of the affiliate URLs listed in this post (at no additional cost to you). Digital Book Girl only recommends distributors that we’ve personally investigated ourselves. For doing so, we sometimes receive a sales commission.