Break into the industry with little or no experience.
So you want to be a private investigator?
• Little or no law enforcement or related experience?
• Sick of sending resumes and calling companies only to hear ‘no’?
• Want to start your own business?
• Want to know what it’s really like being a P.I.?
A few years ago I was in exactly the same position.
Find out how I went from a standard corporate marketing job, to fulfilling my dream of becoming a private investigator – with almost no experience.
From spreadsheets and office politics to stakeouts and car tailing.
If you’re in this position then this is the place to start.
This book explains the exact steps I took to make it as a P.I. It’s a combination of my own experiences, as well as the 20 plus books and countless articles I read during the process. Relevant for the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
It is the definitive guide.
• The top 3 mistakes people make when looking for a job as a P.I.
• How to provide value to an organization, even without investigative experience
• A day in the life of a private investigator – truth and fiction
• 14 typical cases you may be involved in
• Reviews and links to dozens of books, articles and websites for further information
This is not about the tools and techniques of a private investigator (e.g. surveillance, tailing, tracing, interviewing etc.), there are many other books and online resources for this.
It is not a manual for the job itself; it is a guide on how to get into the industry in the first place.
It is specifically for people with little or no experience who want to break into the exciting world of private investigation.
Having read this book you’ll come away knowing the first steps you need to take, some further reading or resources, or maybe you’ll realize that private investigation is not really for you.
Either way, this book can save you months of frustration sending out resumes and facing rejection after rejection. No more going round in circles.
Don’t waste any more time. Before doing anything else, start with this book.
Not as in-depth as I was expecting but very good knowledge within. This is a easy a quick read. Thanks. – wreagle
I was excited to have received this book today and I can’t wait to start reading it! – Melanie
Basic knowledge on the fundamental of the practice. The job hunting guidelines were helpful. Needed more foundation to the practice. – G-Dog