Making your books available with multiple retailers is key to growing your audience, but this can often times be difficult and time consuming. Not anymore!
In this post Digital Book Girl will show you what we believe is the best option to get your book listed with multiple retailers for free to save you time and money!
Many author’s have reported to us that they make as much as 20% of their sales with online retailers outside of Amazon. That’s a lot of sales that you could be missing out on if your book is sold exclusively on Amazon.
On the flip side, a small number of reader’s have reported they will not purchase books from Amazon on principle—but are happy to purchase from other platforms such as Google Play Books, Barnes & Noble, etc.
Problems authors face when distributing their books to multiple retailers:
- Cost – some publishing houses charge $1,500 or more to format and distribute your books to multiple retailers
- Formatting – some distributors such as Smashwords can place your book with multiple retailers but getting your book formatted to their specifications can take a lot of time and effort
- Location – some retailers such as Barnes & Noble will not accept your books if you live outside the USA
Draft2Digital — With Draft2Digital it won’t cost you anything upfront to distribute your books multiple retailers including: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Google Play Books, Kobo (including Kobo Plus), Tolino, OverDrive, Bibliotheca, Scribd, 24Symbols, Playster, and Baker & Taylor—and you pick which retailers you want your books distributes to!
Plus they format and distribute your book for free! You only pay a small percentage (about 10% of the retail price-which is technically 15% of the net royalties) when you make a sale. In other words, Draft2Digital doesn’t get paid unless you get paid—making their service a great way to publish with multiple retailers!
Other benefits to self-publishing with Draft2Digital include:
- they provide ISBNs FREE of charge (if you need them)
- they format your book into digital (eBook) format FREE of charge
- they format your book into paperback format FREE of charge
- you do not need to live in the USA to distribute your books with them FREE of charge
- you pick which retailers you want them to distribute your book to FREE of charge
- you set the price of your book (you can even set your book’s price to FREE)
- they also handle pre-order books FREE of charge
What’s all this going to cost you?
Again, Draft2Digital has no up-front charges for any of their services which include formatting, conversion, distribution, and sales tracking. They only take a small percentage of each of your books’ sales, so again, they don’t get paid unless you get paid. And their fee at most digital stores is approximately 10% of the retail price (or technically 15% of the net royalties).
The take away: You can reach a wider audience by making your books available with multiple retailers.
We hope you’ve found this post helpful and look forward to bringing you more quality content in the future!
Digital Book Girl
Staff & Management
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate URLs and therefore we may receive a commission should you decide to click through and distribute your books through any of the affiliate URLs listed in this post (at no additional cost to you). Digital Book Girl only recommends distributors that we’ve personally investigated ourselves. For doing so, we sometimes receive a sales commission.